Business Development Manager
Complyport: Who we are
Complyport is a consulting firm supporting the UK financial services industry for over 20 years. Established in 2001, Complyport is now one of the UK’s largest independent compliance consulting businesses, combining former regulators, industry practitioners and legally qualified individuals to offer our clients an exceptionally diverse and professional team.
We specialise in providing Governance, Risk and Compliance services to support the regulated financial services industry to raise standards and thrive.
Complyport advises and assists firms to become authorised and to comply with the rules and requirements of regulators on an ongoing basis. Our vision is to be there for our clients every step of the way, helping them change, grow and excel through expertise, insight and innovation, and in so doing to become our clients most valued supplier.
We serve clients across all areas: investment management, securities brokerage, banking, venture capital, private equity, corporate finance, social finance and capital introduction, as well as banking, insurance, wealth and consumer credit.
We have successfully assisted over 1000 firms to become authorised with the FCA and are providing regulatory support to over 600 regulated firms on an ongoing basis globally.
Complyport is a member of the Association of Professional Compliance Consultants (APCC), a national association of professional consultants, supported by the FCA.
Reporting to the Associate Director – Business Development (ADBD), the Business Development Manager (BDM) will be a key point of contact for all new business enquiries, arrange and sit in new business meetings, help lead and manage marketing campaigns, write marketing content, plan events/webinars, write proposals and explore new business opportunities.
Based in our central London office, the BDM will work hand in hand with the ADBD to manage the business development team on a day-to-day basis and help facilitate business development across the company. The successful applicant will ideally have a network of financial services contacts, preferably at C-suite level and in regulation, compliance and/or financial crime, built within the professional services industry.
The BDM will be required to manage multiple projects simultaneously. This can include but is not limited to:
- The leading and management of several marketing campaigns to subsects of the financial services industry,
- Managing content marketing in line with campaigns,
- The management and delivery of webinars,
- Contacting prospective financial services firms and booking pitch meetings,
- Prepare pitch and tender documents, and
- Prepare quotes and proposals.
There are training and development opportunities offered with this role
The duties will be
- Bring onboard new financial services clients,
- Keep up to date on regulatory developments in the UK and the EU,
- Source new financial services firms to pitch into,
- Preparing proposals,
- Arrange and conduct client meetings,
- Oversight and management of projects,
- Assistance in the management of marketing campaigns,
- Writing of marketing content
- Events coordination
- A degree is preferred but not essential,
- Understanding of the UK financial services sector,
- Understanding of the UK financial services regulatory landscape,
- Experience in pitching to and closing sales with financial services firms,
- A network of contacts within the financial services sector within the C-Suite, compliance and financial crime (preferred),
- A communicator who is unafraid to talk to people at various levels of seniority,
- Experience in closing high value contracts,
- Being highly organised and ideally be able to juggle multiple projects, at different levels of completion, at the same time,
- Working at a swift pace,
- The drive to learn and improve your existing skills,
- To be professional and confident,
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team,
- Desire to take on responsibility and confident in taking on new tasks,
- Conscientious, diligent and attentive to detail,
- Solid technical skills including MS Office, social media and, ideally, a knowledge of SEO,
- Competitive remuneration package, including discretionary performance-related bonus,
- Inter group bonuses,
- In-house and external training courses
- Excellent opportunities for career development and advancement
To apply, please send your CV and covering email, stating why you would like the opportunity to work at our firm, to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating “Business Development Manager – Application” in the title.
**Please note, this advert is for direct applicants, no agencies please**.