Assistant Office Manager (with HR duties)
About ComplyportComplyport provides high quality, innovative advice and solutions to a wide variety of regulated businesses. We offer a full range of services including FCA authorisations, ongoing compliance support, projects and expert witness work.
Our market leading reputation is built on providing bespoke and pragmatic solutions to clients which balance the competing needs of commerciality against being compliant with all applicable requirements.
Our client base includes fund managers of all types – discretionary, private equity managers, securities brokerages, banks, corporate finance houses and venture capitalists ranging in size from SMEs through to large corporate groups.
We have offices in London, the EU and Hong Kong, although our experience and network of contacts extends beyond these jurisdictions to include the Isle of Man, Europe, the Gulf States and the USA.
We are a friendly, collaborative and supportive company.
Role OverviewAs an Assistant Office Manager the candidate will report to both the Office Manager and HR Manager and will assist in the efficient running of the office by providing support to a range of office administrative tasks, human resources support and financial administration. The candidate will work closely with the Office Manager to help in the function to support future growth of the company.
The role is varied and requires involvement in all areas of the business. The candidate should be an excellent communicator, approachable, adaptable to change and able to prioritise.
The candidate must have a high level ability with office software, including email, spreadsheets and databases. The candidate must be organised and able to deal with confidential and sensitive information.
ResponsibilitiesFinancial administration including but not limited to the following duties:
- Monthly billing,
- Purchase ledger processing and payments,
- Expenses and credit cards,
- Collation and maintenance of management information for Financial Director and the management team, and
- Keeping colleagues abreast of work in progress.
- Maintain and organise the office and supplies of stationery and equipment,
- Point of contact for suppliers and building management,
- Arrange any necessary repairs/adjustments as well as Portable Appliance Testing (PAT),
- Manage and screen incoming calls and correspondence,
- Manage and respond to customer enquiries,
- Implement and review policies,
- Maintain proposals and enquiries spreadsheet,
- Drafting and formatting proposals,
- Setting up new clients and updating relevant spreadsheets,
- Manage and maintain internal databases,
- Records and filing systems,
- Organise and coordinate team meetings, events, training sessions – including venue booking, invitations, slide formatting, brochure design and printing, provision of marketing materials and assistance as required
- HR administration and assistance to external HR providers MGR Human Resources,
- Assistance with recruitment activity, such as drafting job specifications, reviewing and organising interviews of candidates, new hires induction process, terminations, maintaining personnel data, and keeping track of company benefits as required.
- Additionally the successful candidate will be responsible of updating and assisting in implementation of internal policies and procedures, which include the Staff Handbook and the Graduate Training Programme,
- Updating the HRIS system and dealing with health and safety matters
- Diary management,
- Travel booking,
- Call screening,
- Ad hoc project work and tasks as required.
- Experience working in an office management role. Ideally within professional services.
- Experience supporting a team in a busy environment.
- Familiar with handling sensitive information in a discreet and confidential manner.
- At least 2 years of relevant HR Experience.
- Good knowledge of Excel and some experience of using accounting packages – experience of CCH Practice Management and/or Twinfield would be ideal but not essential.
- Proven track record of administrative capability.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Conscientious, diligent and attentive to detail
- Problem solver and adaptable to new ideas
- Good people skills and ability to interact with people of differing levels of seniority, approachable member of the team
- Self motivated
- Ability to work well under pressure, prioritising work as necessary.
**Please note, this advert is for direct applicants, no agencies please**.