Assistant Office Manager
Complyport is a consulting firm supporting the UK financial services industry for over 20 years & is now one of the UK’s largest independent compliance consulting businesses. Combining former regulators, industry practitioners and legally qualified individuals we offer our clients an exceptionally diverse and professional team.
We specialise in providing Governance, Risk Compliance & Financial services to support the regulated financial services industry to raise standards and thrive. With services ranging from authorisations, audit/health checks, training & policy authorising reviews.
We serve clients across all areas: investment management, securities brokerage, banking, venture capital, private equity, corporate finance, social finance and capital introduction, as well as banking, insurance, wealth and consumer credit.
Complyport is a member of the Association of Professional Compliance Consultants (APCC), a national association of professional consultants, supported by the FCA.
Reporting to the Office Manager the Office Assistant Manager will assist in the efficient running of the office by providing support in a range of office administrative tasks, human resources support and financial administration. The role holder will work closely with the Office Manager to support future growth of the company.
As role is varied and requires involvement in all areas of the business, the candidate should be an excellent communicator, approachable, adaptable to change and able to prioritise their own workload. A high-level ability with office software, including Outlook, Microsoft and databases. Is required, as is the ability to be organised and able to deal with confidential and sensitive information.
Office administration, including but not limited to the following duties:
- Maintain and organise the office and supplies of stationery and equipment, being the point of contact for suppliers and building management,
- Arrange any necessary repairs/adjustments as well as Portable Appliance Testing (PAT),
- Manage and screen incoming calls and correspondence,
- Manage and respond to customer enquiries,
- Implement and review policies,
- Maintain proposals and enquiries spreadsheet & setting up new clients
- Manage and maintain internal databases,
- Maintain records and filing systems,
- Organise and coordinate team meetings, events, training and sessions
- Dealing with health and safety matters
IT Assistance, (under Group IT guidance)
- Installing and configuring hardware operating systems and applications.
- Ensuring the smooth operation of all computer systems and networks.
- Performing routine tests on all operating and communication systems to ensure their smooth operation at all times.
- Setting up accounts for new users.
- Replacing and repairing equipment as necessary.
- Ensuring all hardware is protected against viruses or external interference.
- Responding to service issues and requests in a timely manner.
PA responsibilities to Group CEO and the the Chairman of the Board, including but not limited to:
- Diary management,
- Travel booking,
- Call screening,
- Ad hoc tasks as required.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Ad hoc tasks as required.
- Experience working in a similar role
- Experience supporting a team in a busy environment.
- Familiarity with handling sensitive information in a discreet and confidential manner.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft and some experience of using accounting packages
Skills & Knowledge:
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Conscientious, diligent and attentive to detail
- Problem solver and adaptable to new ideas
- Good people skills and ability to interact with people of differing levels of seniority/approachable member of the team
- Self motivated
- Ability to work well under pressure, prioritising work as necessary
- Competitive remuneration package, including discretionary performance related as well as company bonus
- Ability to engage in In-house and external training courses and qualifications
- Excellent opportunities for career development and advancement,
- Annual leave entitlement – 26 working days (1 day’s additional holiday granted for each year of service following completion of 2 years’, up to a maximum of 30 days)
- Quarterly team building activities & lunches
- Quarterly Employee of the Quarter staff nominated awards
- Half day Fridays in the months of July/August (32h week)
- Fresh fruit selection delivered every week
- Flexible/hybrid working
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com clearly stating “Assistant Office Manager – Application” in the title.
**Please note, this advert is for direct applicants, no agencies please**.