DPO Support As a Service
Our Data Protection Officer/Support service team, provided by an experienced and multiskilled personnel including a Certified Data Protection Officer and Industry Practitioners, are at your disposal when you are looking to address data protection risks and enhance your privacy mechanisms and internal framework. Our service entails assisting you to understand and work within the legislative complexities, which govern the processing of personal data, and at the same time consider your business needs with respect to Information Systems, data security and organizational processes across the full scale of your operations.
Our multi-faceted Data Protection Services are provided through our multiskilled team of legal, security and operational experts when you are looking to:
- Implement essential elements of UK Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) and the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union EU2016/679 (GDPR), such as the principles of data processing, data subjects’ rights, data protection by design and by default, records of processing activities, security of processing, and notification and communication of data breaches.
- Foster a data protection culture within your organisation and with your external stakeholders
- Carry out DPIAs where needed and suggest the appropriate technical and organisational measures) to mitigate the identified risks
- Support the management of Data Breaches with respect to response, notifications, communications, and advice on corrective actions necessary to prevent losses, regulatory complications and reputation impact.
- Where necessary, provide a contact point for the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
- Provide solutions/answers to those data protection questions that puzzle your staff and help with decision making when a data protection issue arise in the context of your daily business.
The maintenance and sustainability of the data protection framework ensures any organisation continues to comply with the DPA and the GDPR. This is possible through planned checks, identification of threats, risks and opportunities for improvement initiatives and monitoring which are necessary to keep compliance regime in its best shape. These tasks must be coordinated and executed at least, on an annual basis.
In order to do that, an external support to the Data Protection Officer (DPO) service can be deployed in order to assist the company designated individual who will have the everyday responsibility of the data protection administration. Our service considers the business needs with respect to Information and Communication Technologies, data security and organizational processes across the operational departments of the organisation. The below table includes the scope of our full external service.
External Data Protection Officer (DPO) services
|Privacy framework Maintenance tasks|
|Internal &External Interfaces|
|Awareness and training|
Legal support can be sourced in the UK, which will be costed and agreed with the client prior to the engagement of the legal firm.
Processing means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction; (GDPR, Art 4, 2)