16th Nov 2023: MLRO Training Day
Your MLRO Training Day
With regulatory fines exceeding £600 million in the past two years due to failures in AML systems and controls – are you or your team aptly prepared?
Complyport and the London Governance & Compliance Academy are hosting an MLRO Training Day to provide the knowledge and skills you need to excel at your job and stay one step ahead of your firm’s regulatory obligations.
Whether you are a recently appointed MLRO or looking for a refresher course, this eight-hour training session will cover the obligations and the difficulties MLROs face in today’s everchanging regulatory environment.
You will examine the MLRO’s role through the lens of both the regulator and practitioner, while delving into the practices, known pitfalls, and other multifaceted aspects of this challenging yet rewarding responsibility.
The training will focus on the following topics:
- AML’s Legal Background & Regulatory Framework
- The MLRO’s Role in Practice
- PEPs & Adverse Media
- Sanctions & Sanctions Screening
- Customer Due Diligence
- Suspicious Activity Reporting
- Data Protection & Vulnerable Customer Management
- Transaction Monitoring, Recordkeeping & Whistleblowing
- And Plenty More!
MLRO Training Day Details:
Date: 16th November 2023
Time: 08:30 – 17:00
Location: City of London
Price: £650 (plus VAT)
Martin Schofield, LGCA
Kieran Holland, FinScan
To find out more and register, please click below.
Should you wish to attend this course but are unable to make this date, please get in touch to register your interest for our upcoming face-to-face and live online dates later this year.
For more information on your MLRO Training Day, please reach out to:
Thomas Salmon, Regulatory Business Solutions, Complyport, at email@example.com
Denis Sureyev, VP of Business Development, London Governance & Compliance Academy, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Complyport is a market-leading consulting firm supporting the UK financial services industry for over 20 years. We specialise in providing Governance, Risk and Compliance services to support the regulated financial services industry to raise standards and thrive.
Complyport advises and assists firms to become authorised and to comply with the rules and requirements of regulators on an ongoing basis. Our vision is to be there for our clients every step of the way, helping them change, grow, and excel through expertise, insight, and innovation, and in so doing to become our clients’ most valued supplier and trusted advisor. We have successfully assisted over 1000 firms to become authorised with the FCA and EU and are providing regulatory support to over 600 regulated firms on an ongoing basis globally. With presence in the UK and EU, as well as via our Associates Network, Complyport can assist firms across multiple jurisdictions.
We specialise in supporting the UK financial services industry with compliance guidance, advice and best practice including support with:
- Financial Promotions guidance, support, and management software solutions
- Prudential support, IFPR, ICARA and financial resilience advice
- Operational resilience & Cybersecurity advice
- CASS advice and protections of client assets
- Comprehensive compliance work-flow management software
- Compliance managed services and resourcing compliance personnel
- Financial Crime and Forensics
- Consumer Duty implementation advice
- Skilled Person Reviews and Regulatory Investigation
Contact Thomas Salmon, Regulatory Business Solutions, via email at: email@example.com to book a free consultation.