Complyport Graduate Training Programme 2022
Complyport is looking to hire up to 10 graduate trainee consultants as part of our Graduate Training Programme, March 2022.
Complyport: Who we are
Complyport is a leading City-based Governance, Risk and Compliance consultancy that provides compliance advice, undertakes regulatory and compliance projects and offers a suite of digital solutions to a wide variety of regulated financial services businesses. Our services include FCA authorisations, ongoing advice and support, the authoring of manuals, policies, procedures and technical documents and undertaking project work.
Our well-respected and market leading reputation, which has been built over the last 20 years, is based on providing bespoke and pragmatic solutions to clients, which balance the competing needs of commerciality against being compliant with all applicable requirements.
Our client base includes asset and wealth managers, hedge funds, fund managers, brokers, venture capital firms, private equity, banks and insurers of varying size.
Complyport’s Graduate Training Programme
Our Graduate Training Programme ensures that our Graduates obtain the necessary professional and academic qualifications whilst getting a wide range of exposure by working with Complyport’s Client Services teams, liaising directly with clients and regulators, working within a team and under the supervision and guidance of a Team Leader.
The Programme runs in our London office, lasts 30 months and on successful completion our Graduates will become qualified Compliance Consultants. The Programme aptly prepares our Graduates for a career as a Governance, Risk and Compliance consultant in the financial services industry.
Being a Graduate Trainee
Being a Complyport Graduate involves playing an active part in Complyport’s Client Services team, which will include research, writing and presentation skills, liaising with and responding to clients, regulators and other stakeholders.
In order to develop your knowledge and skills, you will be expected to complete a range of academic and professional training courses, including CISI qualifications.
- The role includes implementing compliance frameworks at newly authorised firms and reviewing existing frameworks in established firms as well as visiting clients (face to face and virtually) to review the compliance arrangements, discuss areas of regulatory concern and assist with problem solving. During your training, you will be under the supervision of an Associate Director and will be buddied up with a more experienced consultant.
- The role will require you to be able to present opinions, findings and conclusions (orally and in writing) in a clear and concise manner to Complyport staff and external stakeholders at various levels of seniority.
- You will be expected to be an active participant in the marketing and business development of the firm in order to contribute to the continued success and development of Complyport and its service offerings.
- We are looking for individuals with a strong academic record. High 2:1 or First-Class Honours Degree or equivalent (preferably law) or up to 3-year’s experience working in an FCA regulated business, financial services consultancy or preferably from the legal industry.
- A CISI or equivalent qualification or working towards one would be an advantage.
- Any relevant work experience in a corporate environment , professional service firm or the financial services sector would be an advantage.
- Team spirit, good problem-solving abilities and willingness to study and develop.
- Dynamism and ability to deliver results in a timely manner.
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate with impact.
- Computer literate, including Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel).
- Competitive remuneration package, including discretionary performance-related bonus as well as a Team bonus.
- MSc Governance, Risk and Compliance by the European Institute of Management & Finance (EIMF).
- Level 3 in Investment Compliance with the Chartered Institute of Securities & Investments (CISI).
- London Governance & Compliance Academy (LGCA) online professional courses.
- On-the-job training and experience working in our Client Services team, Crime and Forensics team, Business Development team and more.
- Study / Examination Leave: up to 20 days per year.
To apply, please send your CV and covering email, indicating your academic and/or professional background and why you would like the opportunity to train with our firm to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating your name and “Graduate Trainee Programme – Application” in the title.
**Please note, this advert is for direct applicants, no agencies please.**