Complyport Graduate Training Programme 2021
Complyport is looking to hire up to 10 graduate trainee consultants as part of our Graduate Training Programme, September 2021.
Complyport: Who we are
Complyport is a leading City-based Governance, Risk and Compliance consultancy that provides compliance advice, undertakes regulatory and compliance projects and offers a suite of digital solutions to a wide variety of regulated financial services businesses. Our services include FCA authorisations, ongoing advice and support, the authoring of manuals, policies, procedures and technical documents and undertaking project work.
Our well-respected and market leading reputation, which has been built over the last 20 years, is based on providing bespoke and pragmatic solutions to clients, which balance the competing needs of commerciality against being compliant with all applicable requirements.
Our client base includes asset and wealth managers, hedge funds, fund managers, brokers, venture capital firms, private equity, banks and insurers of varying size.
Complyport’s Graduate Training Programme
We have designed the Graduate Training Programme to ensure our Graduates obtain the necessary professional and academic qualifications whilst ensuring that they get a wide range of exposure by working with Complyport’s Client Services teams, liaising directly with clients and regulators, working within a team and under the supervision and guidance of a Team leader.
The Programme runs in our London office, lasts 30 months and on successful completion our graduates will become qualified Compliance Consultants. The Programme aptly prepares our Graduates for a career as a Governance, Risk and Compliance consultant in the financial services industry.
Being a Graduate Trainee
Being a Complyport Graduate Trainee involves playing an active part in Complyport’s Client Services team, which will include research, writing and presentation skills, liaising with and responding to clients, regulators and other stakeholders.
In order to develop your knowledge and skills, you will be expected to complete a range of academic and professional training courses, including CISI qualifications.
- The role includes implementing compliance frameworks at newly authorised firms and reviewing existing frameworks in established firms as well as visiting both new and existing clients regularly (face to face and virtually) to review the compliance arrangements, discuss areas of regulatory concern and assist with problem solving. During your training, you will be under the supervision of an Associate Director and will be buddied up with a more experienced consultant.
- The role will require the individual to be able to present opinions, conclusions and findings in a clear and concise manner (orally and in writing) to Complyport staff and external stakeholders at various levels of seniority.
- The individual will be expected to be an active participant in the marketing and business development of the firm in order to contribute to the continued success and development of Complyport and its service offerings.
- We are looking for individuals with strong intellect and a strong academic record. High 2:1 or First-Class honours Degree or equivalent or up to 3-year’s experience working in an FCA regulated business, financial services consultancy or the legal industry. We will also consider high quality applicants with experience in other professional service firms.
- A CISI or equivalent qualification or working towards one would be an advantage.
- Any relevant work experience in a corporate environment or the financial services sector would be an advantage.
- Team spirit, good problem-solving abilities and willingness to study and develop.
- Dynamism and ability to deliver results in a timely manner.
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate with impact.
- Computer literate, including Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel).
- Competitive remuneration package, including discretionary performance-related bonus as well as a Team bonus.
- MSc Governance, Risk and Compliance by the European Institute of Management & Finance (EIMF).
- Level 6 in Investment Compliance with the Chartered Institute of Securities & Investments (CISI).
- London Governance & Compliance Academy (LGCA) online professional courses.
- Experience of working in our Client Services team providing our clients with solutions.
- On-the-job training set by a team manager.
- Study / Examination Leave: up to 20 days per year.
To apply, please send your CV and covering email, indicating your academic and/or professional background and why you would like the opportunity to train with our firm to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating your name and “Graduate Trainee Programme – Application” in the title.
**Please note, this advert is for direct applicants, no agencies please.**