The changing landscape of financial crime regulation presents new challenges to businesses to guard against being used as a conduit for financial crime. Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Counter Terrorist Financing (CTF) continue to be a focal point for regulators across the globe. The risks of getting it wrong are great, with breaches being punished severely and publicly.
Complyport has extensive knowledge in helping firms find solutions to Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorist Financing problems, including the following:
- Drafting and implementing AML and CTF policies and procedures;
- AML and CTF Healthcheck;
- Money Laundering Reporting Officer Training;
- Money Laundering Risk Assessment;
- AML and CTF Training – both via our online training portal (ComplyTrainer) and face-to-face.
The prevention, detection and punishing of market abuse is a priority for the FCA. The UK’s Market Abuse Regime, represented by the European Union’s Market Abuse Regulation, is continuously evolving through new legislation and case law. Recent cases show that employees can fall foul of the complexities of the regime, even if they did not set out to act dishonestly; highlighting the need to provide regular and relevant training to staff.
The FCA continues to focus on market integrity via thematic reviews, monitoring and an increasing number of enforcement actions and criminal prosecutions. Hence the reputational risk for firms and the personal risk for staff is high, with penalties including fines, bans and imprisonment.
We can help you with market abuse issues, including:
- Drafting and implementation of Market Abuse policies and procedures;
- Market Abuse Training – both via our online training portal (ComplyTrainer) and face-to-face;
- Advice on responding to FCA market abuse queries;
- Assistance with conflicts of interest gap analysis;
- Market Abuse Healthcheck.
Anti-Bribery and Corruption
Ethics and integrity are vital to any firm operating in the financial services industry. It is essential that firms are able to effectively implement and communicate their commitment to Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC). This can present a considerable challenge to firms who operate in multiple jurisdictions and have a number of individuals or firms acting on their behalf. The Bribery Act 2010 imposes liability not just on individuals, but also on your organisation where someone (including an agent) engages in bribery whilst performing a service for you.
This complex area requires detailed attention to mitigate against your firm becoming involved in, or facilitating, bribery and corruption. Failure to do so can result in significant sanctions being imposed upon your firm and your employees. We are regularly consulted by firms requiring assistance with the implementation of ABC systems and controls. We can assist with:
- Conducting a Bribery Risk Assessment;
- ABC Healthcheck;
- ABC training – both via our online training portal (ComplyTrainer) and face-to-face;
- Advice on implementing ABC procedures, systems and controls;
- Drafting and implementation of ABC policies and procedures.