Office manager and support team and consultants as required
To assist the Finance Director and support team with ongoing accounting tasks and in particular the preparation of month end accounts. This role is a full time role (or part time considered) and would suit a part qualified accountant or someone with sound knowledge of bookkeeping and management accounts preparation. Previous experience or working within a professional practice or similar environment is desirable but not essential.
We currently use CCH for invoicing and Twinfield for maintaining accounting records and while any candidate would not be expected to be familiar with this system, we would expect a proven ability to learn how to use accounting packages.
Duties will include:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and information reports from data extracted from the accounting system and CRM.
- Prepare and process month end journals – such as depreciation, accruals and prepayments.
- Monitor and maintain sales pipeline (to assist with sales forecasting) and monthly reconciliations to the accounting records.
- Monthly review of WIP to ensure and completeness and accuracy of monthly billing)
- Regular (at least weekly) bank reconciliations.
- Debtor control – regular review of ledger with follow up of any overdue balances and agree actions with consultants. Keep Finance Director informed of any issues.
- Review and maintain the supplier ledger and regular reconciliation of supplier accounts
- Assist support staff with routine monthly invoicing.
- Assistance with ad hoc accountancy tasks and projects as they arise.
- Assistance with annual audit in terms of preparation of schedules required for auditors.
To apply, please send your CV and covering email, stating why you would like the opportunity to train with our firm, to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating “Senior Accountant – Application” in the title.
**Please note, this advert is for direct applicants, no agencies please.**